If you’re among the happy couples who have gotten engaged over the Thanksgiving and Hanukkah week, we send you our congratulations and welcome you to plan your dream wedding celebration here at Ellis Island, transforming our sprawling historic venue with breathtaking views into your own wedding vision.
Here are 10 ways that Ellis Island creates weddings of pure luxury and elegance:
1. So much space! With private use of our grounds and lawn space, as well as our historic building, you can create ‘rooms’ and areas for your ceremony, cocktail party, reception space for dancing, lounge areas, and more.
2. Gorgeous architecture: Our historic venue features beautiful details everywhere you look, which makes for phenomenal wedding photos and an already-there stunning backdrop for any lighting or décor you plan.
3. We’re a green wedding venue: We’ve won awards for our eco-friendly practices, energy use, recycling and everything green, so your wedding will be on the top trend of eco-smart event planning.
4. You get the entire island to yourself. Inside and out. Pure privacy, which means no crashers to worry about, and our team’s attention devoted entirely to your event.
5. The Knot chose one of our recent weddings as among the best weddings of 2013!
6. Stunning scenery. Your guests will take in the views in daylight when our ferry glides them past the New York City skyline, and then at night that same skyline lights up like magic.
7. Wedding experts create gorgeous wedding events here. Our high ceilings create beautiful lighting opportunities and tall floral centerpiece space, our grounds let them set custom bars and cabanas all around, and the top wedding coordinators in the city have shown off their work here at Ellis Island on the top wedding blogs and in the top wedding magazines.
8. You can have your own fireworks. With the Statue of Liberty and the NYC skyline as your backdrop, your own personal fireworks show caps off your perfect wedding day.
9. Your family history may be honored. Over 40% of Americans can trace their lineage through Ellis Island, and if you locate your ancestors among our easy-search records or on our Wall of Honor, you add an unforgettable element of family history to your big day.
10. With a ferry ride to your own private island, it’s like having a destination wedding without losing days and expense to travel, and your friends and family will be so happy to enjoy your wedding weekend here in the exciting New York City area.
Visit us at http://thestatueofliberty.com/events/ellis-island/ to find out more about Ellis Island Weddings, as well as the big trend of a cocktail hour on Liberty Island and then a ferry ride to Ellis Island for your reception!
All photos by Maloman Photography.
Ali and Dan’s October wedding celebration here on Ellis Island is The Knot Editors’ Pick for Best Weddings of 2013!
Elissa Held Events created a spectacular Ellis Island wedding for this gorgeous couple, with our historic NYC venue creating a dramatic atmosphere, making it one of the best weddings of the year.
Here are some details from The Knot:
Ali and Dan wanted a Tuscan feel for their decor drawing on both their cultural backgrounds while using a color palette of Oranges and Hot Pinks. Elissa Held Events brought in a 12 foot working fountain, potted Orange Trees and Statuaries to break up the enormous space of the Great Hall. Frost Lighting enhanced the space by splashing brightly colored lighting on the walls, ceiling and floors.
See The Knot’s entire story on Ali & Dan’s Ellis Island wedding here:
And visit our site to find out how your wedding at Ellis Island can come to life, beautifully, unforgettably, and perhaps even catching the eye of The Knot editors: