If you’re among the happy couples who have gotten engaged over the Thanksgiving and Hanukkah week, we send you our congratulations and welcome you to plan your dream wedding celebration here at Ellis Island, transforming our sprawling historic venue with breathtaking views into your own wedding vision.
Here are 10 ways that Ellis Island creates weddings of pure luxury and elegance:
1. So much space! With private use of our grounds and lawn space, as well as our historic building, you can create ‘rooms’ and areas for your ceremony, cocktail party, reception space for dancing, lounge areas, and more.
2. Gorgeous architecture: Our historic venue features beautiful details everywhere you look, which makes for phenomenal wedding photos and an already-there stunning backdrop for any lighting or décor you plan.
3. We’re a green wedding venue: We’ve won awards for our eco-friendly practices, energy use, recycling and everything green, so your wedding will be on the top trend of eco-smart event planning.
4. You get the entire island to yourself. Inside and out. Pure privacy, which means no crashers to worry about, and our team’s attention devoted entirely to your event.
5. The Knot chose one of our recent weddings as among the best weddings of 2013!
6. Stunning scenery. Your guests will take in the views in daylight when our ferry glides them past the New York City skyline, and then at night that same skyline lights up like magic.
7. Wedding experts create gorgeous wedding events here. Our high ceilings create beautiful lighting opportunities and tall floral centerpiece space, our grounds let them set custom bars and cabanas all around, and the top wedding coordinators in the city have shown off their work here at Ellis Island on the top wedding blogs and in the top wedding magazines.
8. You can have your own fireworks. With the Statue of Liberty and the NYC skyline as your backdrop, your own personal fireworks show caps off your perfect wedding day.
9. Your family history may be honored. Over 40% of Americans can trace their lineage through Ellis Island, and if you locate your ancestors among our easy-search records or on our Wall of Honor, you add an unforgettable element of family history to your big day.
10. With a ferry ride to your own private island, it’s like having a destination wedding without losing days and expense to travel, and your friends and family will be so happy to enjoy your wedding weekend here in the exciting New York City area.
Visit us at http://thestatueofliberty.com/events/ellis-island/ to find out more about Ellis Island Weddings, as well as the big trend of a cocktail hour on Liberty Island and then a ferry ride to Ellis Island for your reception!
A new beginning. A new life.
Ellis Island is the iconic location for new beginnings, and since your wedding marks the start of your own new beginning and new life, your own adventure into a brand new world of married life, we invite you to be inspired and enchanted at our spectacular location — rich in history, spectacular in scenery and the home of luxury, extravagant weddings. Continue reading
“In event industry usage, a destination venue is a site that will draw guests because of its location. Some of these are truly iconic sites, instantly recognizable by all. Possibly the highest profile destination venue is the Statue of Liberty in New York Harbor, one of the most familiar monuments in the world. The Statue of Liberty and nearby Ellis Island have hosted a large number of high visibility events over the years.”
Patti Golden has spent her 18 year career promoting Landmark venues for Special Events. These venues included the United Nation’s Delegates Dining Room, Ellis Island, Elevated Acre at 55 Water Street, NYC Police Museum, Desmond Tutu Center and Citifield. She is delighted to have worked at some of the most premiere New York City venues.
Patti’s past collection of events includes five Heads of State dinners of which one celebrated the 60th Anniversary of the United Nations. She has also worked with a large diverse list of companies including Allstate Insurance, Price Waterhouse Cooper, JP Morgan, Boy Scouts of America, Coca-Cola and the American Bar Association and has done social events for both corporate and private groups.
In 2009, Patti was excited to join the team of Evelyn Hill Inc. to promote Ellis Island and the Statue of Liberty for Special Events. It has been her absolute dream to be fortunate enough to sell events on the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island. Patti is moved by the historical significance these venues have. She works tirelessly to ensure that every event goes off flawlessly. Continue reading