On a beautiful spring or summer night, your wedding weekend can become an even more spectacular time for you and for all of your guests with a special celebration held on the grounds of Ellis Island.
While our historic venue continues to get some fixer-upping after Superstorm Sandy gave us a few extra tasks on our To-Do list, our gorgeous grounds are open for your enjoyment. So you might be among the many wedding couples who plan a sensational wedding weekend event here at Ellis Island.
We’ve just found out that New Jersey Bride has included us in their upcoming Top 10 Amazing Place for Rehearsal Dinners, with our lobster bake on the Ellis Island lawn overlooking the Statue of Liberty and the New York City skyline as one of their favorites. So before huge numbers of brides start calling to book their lobster bakes, we’re giving you VIP advance notice!
If your rehearsal dinner is already set, you might choose to bring your wedding guests to Ellis Island for a lunch buffet and a tour of the island’s most breathtaking details, including our walls where many of your guests can locate the names of their ancestors who arrived in this country through Ellis Island. Since weddings are all about family and friends, it’s a tremendous and touching activity that all of your guests will enjoy, especially when you provide them with information on how to research their ancestors’ wall locations.
Other wedding weekend events to consider:
* A girls’ champagne lunch or cocktail party in the open air on Ellis Island, which allows you to invite the moms, grandmoms, the in-laws and younger girls who may not wish nor be able to go clubbing.
* A private thank-you party for your parents and bridal party, the night before your wedding guests start arriving…a pre- rehearsal dinner of sorts.
* A daytime adventure for out-of-town wedding guests who have never been to Ellis Island before (and we’re told that many locals have never been here, either, so now’s the perfect time to show them our gorgeous historic venue and beautiful, expertly-kept grounds, not to mention those views!)
* A surprise outing, beginning with the ferry ride over to our island, with a cocktails or champagne welcome, and a luncheon, lobster bake or dinner on our Ellis Island grounds.
* The day-after brunch, held outdoors on a sunny morning, with a catered menu, mimosas, and champagne, and even more delectable desserts for guests to enjoy on this announced day-after outing (so that guests can make their travel plans to allow them to attend!)
Contact the Ellis Island Weddings and Events team to start planning your wedding weekend activity, and add even more spectacular photo opportunities to your wedding celebration,as you give your guests an adventure to remember.