Ellis Island’s architecture set a gorgeous stage for Sheryl and Raymond’s July wedding, showing you just how amazing your wedding photos can be, with our historic building in the background.
Sheryl and Raymond celebrated their wedding on Ellis Island in a summery, stylish fashion. Sheryl says, “We chose Ellis Island because it’s so different, and there’s an emotional tie to our family histories here. you can’t get that anywhere else.” The couple intended to keep the wedding location top-secret until the invitations arrived, sharing a logo inscribed subtly with one of the Ellis Island towers in the background, but Sheryl’s very clever brother Googled the tower image and guessed the location ahead of time!
Sheryl wore a Lazaro gown and the wedding colors were cobalt blue, silver and white, with the blue tying in beautifully to the waters surrounding Ellis Island.
In a future post of Sheryl and Raymond’s Ellis Island Wedding story, we’ll share the gorgeous details of their wedding day, including 1,000 votives lining from the pier to the front doors. Our thanks to wedding photographer Fadi Kheir (fadikheir.com) for sharing these images with us!
Coming soon: Part 2 of Sheryl and Raymond’s Ellis Island wedding celebration…
We are so thrilled to share highlights of Julia and Behdad’s wedding here at Ellis Island — every detail was magical for this very special couple, and we’re quite impressed with the best man’s toast!
We’re looking forward to sharing more images from their wedding day soon, and we wish this gorgeous couple a lifetime of happiness!
The Statue of Liberty is a guest of honor at every Liberty Island Wedding, and admires your big day from a close distance when you’re among our circle of Ellis Island wedding couples.
She’s a grand and breathtaking figure at Ellis Island weddings, and many of our wedding couples love to honor her in creative ways, such as choosing a Statue of Liberty-themed wedding invitation or displaying a Statue of Liberty figure on their wedding dessert bar or family photos table, welcoming your wedding guests to our landmark wedding venue.
Since a big wedding trend is incorporating fun and playful design elements with a callback to your childhood, we thought we’d inspire you with the Statue of Liberty Barbie Doll (Dolls of the World Landmark Collection)
Created as part of the 30th anniversary of Barbie’s Dolls of the World®, the Landmark Collection brings world-famous landmarks to life through Barbie® fashion. Since the Statue of Liberty is one of the most-visited landmarks in the world, Mattel honored her with a Barbie doll all her own! And we must say, her dress is quite lovely, as is her 4th of July printed clutch and her Statue of Liberty-inspired crown!
At 13.3 inches high, your Statue of Liberty Barbie dolls can take a place at the centers of each of your guest tables in our Registry Room, surrounded by flowers and candles or illuminated by special lighting, or you might surround her with sweets on your wedding’s lavish desserts table. As mentioned, she can join your family photos table, look over your guest book, or –another big wedding trend! – you might surprise your little girl wedding guests and flowergirls with Statue of Liberty Barbies awaiting them at their table, in gift bags personalized to them.
As glamorous and elegant as weddings are at Ellis Island, with pure luxury surrounding you in our grand historic venue transformed by your designs into a glam wedding wonderland, there’s always room for a touch of whimsy and for another fabulously-dressed wedding guest!
Ellis Island Weddings are stunning and unforgettable, with luxury wedding details lighting up our historic venue, and outdoor concert and wedding fireworks lighting up the place. And your ceremony here on our grounds could have that spectacular NYC skyline behind it! Our video shares some of our recent wedding images and more information about the magic and majesty of an Ellis Island wedding.
If you’re among the happy couples who have gotten engaged over the Thanksgiving and Hanukkah week, we send you our congratulations and welcome you to plan your dream wedding celebration here at Ellis Island, transforming our sprawling historic venue with breathtaking views into your own wedding vision.
Here are 10 ways that Ellis Island creates weddings of pure luxury and elegance:
1. So much space! With private use of our grounds and lawn space, as well as our historic building, you can create ‘rooms’ and areas for your ceremony, cocktail party, reception space for dancing, lounge areas, and more.
2. Gorgeous architecture: Our historic venue features beautiful details everywhere you look, which makes for phenomenal wedding photos and an already-there stunning backdrop for any lighting or décor you plan.
3. We’re a green wedding venue: We’ve won awards for our eco-friendly practices, energy use, recycling and everything green, so your wedding will be on the top trend of eco-smart event planning.
4. You get the entire island to yourself. Inside and out. Pure privacy, which means no crashers to worry about, and our team’s attention devoted entirely to your event.
5. The Knot chose one of our recent weddings as among the best weddings of 2013!
6. Stunning scenery. Your guests will take in the views in daylight when our ferry glides them past the New York City skyline, and then at night that same skyline lights up like magic.
7. Wedding experts create gorgeous wedding events here. Our high ceilings create beautiful lighting opportunities and tall floral centerpiece space, our grounds let them set custom bars and cabanas all around, and the top wedding coordinators in the city have shown off their work here at Ellis Island on the top wedding blogs and in the top wedding magazines.
8. You can have your own fireworks. With the Statue of Liberty and the NYC skyline as your backdrop, your own personal fireworks show caps off your perfect wedding day.
9. Your family history may be honored. Over 40% of Americans can trace their lineage through Ellis Island, and if you locate your ancestors among our easy-search records or on our Wall of Honor, you add an unforgettable element of family history to your big day.
10. With a ferry ride to your own private island, it’s like having a destination wedding without losing days and expense to travel, and your friends and family will be so happy to enjoy your wedding weekend here in the exciting New York City area.
Visit us at http://thestatueofliberty.com/events/ellis-island/ to find out more about Ellis Island Weddings, as well as the big trend of a cocktail hour on Liberty Island and then a ferry ride to Ellis Island for your reception!
As magnificent as Ellis Island’s historic venue is, one of the elements that sets us apart as a breathtaking site for weddings, bar and bat mitzvahs and other special celebration are the views from our outdoor wedding areas and outdoor cocktail party settings.
Your gests will be surrounded by beauty at every turn, from the dazzling colors of the sunset glittering golden on the water, the up-close amazement of the Statue of Liberty’s details, the phenomenal effects of the New York City skyline transforming before your guests’ eyes during sunset as an architectural wonder and in nighttime as a spectacular vista of city lights.
Those fabulous professionally-taken photographs of your wedding or party details, from the cocktail party buffet stations to the bar stocked with the finest wines, champagnes and liquors, become even more phenomenal when you have a view of the harbor, the State of Liberty and the New York City skyline behind them. Detail shots of your menu items, your cake, your flowers, and sparkling crystal decor items become extra-fabulous, and with our setting and scenery adding extra magic to your luxury wedding’s look — indoors or outside — you might just find your wedding chosen for inclusion in a bridal magazine or on a top wedding blog. The Ellis Island site and views can take each of your wedding design elements and add extra Wow Factor to impress your guests, and make your wedding memories last forever.
A big trend among our wedding, party and corporate gala hosts is to plan the cocktail party outdoors to capture our unique and amazing sunset scenery, with our top-tier service and event design making outdoor weddings and outdoor parties in NYC a magical scene, lit by Mother Nature…and then the party proceeds inside to our beautifully-set and beautifully-lit ballroom.
A wedding or party at Ellis Island is a feast for the eyes, a treat for all senses, and that’s just from our setting alone. Once you add in fablous wedding decor and exellent entertainment, your event is pure magic.
Contact us today to book your outdoor wedding or party this summer, and of course to find out about our availabilities in 2014.