An absolutely gorgeous image from a September 2014 wedding here on Ellis Island. We thank William Haviland of Bestek Lighting (www.bestek.com) for this photo, and we’ll post more images from this stunning wedding after the happy couple’s honeymoon.
See the elegance of an Ellis Island wedding or special event on our video sharing the beauty and grandeur of our landmark wedding venue overlooking the scenic New York City skyline.
Now is the time to stock up on this lovely wedding-white State of Liberty bust, available in-stores at Crate and Barrel. Invite Lady Liberty to attend your wedding on Ellis Island as a table centerpiece focal point, surrounded by flowers and candles, or have her stand tall from the center of your wedding dessert table, surrounded by macarons, mini cupcakes, mini pastries, and other top trends in wedding dessert bar treats.
You might also place this Statue of Liberty décor piece at your guest book table, at one of your drinks stations, or on your family wedding photos table (an idea we love if you have photos of ancestors who arrived through Ellis Island — what a nice tribute to them!)
The white glossy style of this décor item works equally well with a Pop Art wedding theme, or in an elegant, classic, ultra-formal wedding setting. You give this piece personality by surrounding her with your choice of décor, lighting, or florals.
Ellis Island Weddings often include Lady Liberty in their details, from Statue of Liberty-themed wedding invitations, save the dates, menu cards, wedding favors and as a motif in wedding video montages played in our historic ballroom. How will you include Lady Liberty in your dream wedding?
Find your Statue of Liberty bust at Crate and Barrel stores, using their in-store finder: http://www.crateandbarrel.com/statue-of-liberty-bust/s177117
Ellis Island Weddings are stunning and unforgettable, with luxury wedding details lighting up our historic venue, and outdoor concert and wedding fireworks lighting up the place. And your ceremony here on our grounds could have that spectacular NYC skyline behind it! Our video shares some of our recent wedding images and more information about the magic and majesty of an Ellis Island wedding.
More gorgeous images from Zak Events’ recent work here at Ellis Island, home to some of the most stunning luxury weddings and corporate parties in the New York City area. See more of the images from Zak Events at www.zakevents.com.
Engagement parties are back, and an Ellis Island engagement party adds a dazzling element of luxury to the start of your wedding-planning season. Guests will be wowed by the scenery on their way over to the island, and your elegantly-arranged cocktail party or sit-down dinner will be unlike any engagement party your loved ones have ever seen or attended.
Visit us at http://thestatueofliberty.com/events/ to start your engagement party planning. We congratulate you on your exciting news, and we’re looking forward to making your engagement celebration unforgettable.
PANTONE has just announced their Color of the Year for 2014, and it’s the lovely, vibrant Radiant Orchid, which looks dazzling as a color effect illuminating our ultra-high ceiling here at Ellis Island!
This event’s hosts paired the pink-purple Orchid hue with blue, and we expect to see a lot of pink and purple pairings with this top trend color for our weddings this year!
If you’re among the happy couples who have gotten engaged over the Thanksgiving and Hanukkah week, we send you our congratulations and welcome you to plan your dream wedding celebration here at Ellis Island, transforming our sprawling historic venue with breathtaking views into your own wedding vision.
Here are 10 ways that Ellis Island creates weddings of pure luxury and elegance:
1. So much space! With private use of our grounds and lawn space, as well as our historic building, you can create ‘rooms’ and areas for your ceremony, cocktail party, reception space for dancing, lounge areas, and more.
2. Gorgeous architecture: Our historic venue features beautiful details everywhere you look, which makes for phenomenal wedding photos and an already-there stunning backdrop for any lighting or décor you plan.
3. We’re a green wedding venue: We’ve won awards for our eco-friendly practices, energy use, recycling and everything green, so your wedding will be on the top trend of eco-smart event planning.
4. You get the entire island to yourself. Inside and out. Pure privacy, which means no crashers to worry about, and our team’s attention devoted entirely to your event.
5. The Knot chose one of our recent weddings as among the best weddings of 2013!
6. Stunning scenery. Your guests will take in the views in daylight when our ferry glides them past the New York City skyline, and then at night that same skyline lights up like magic.
7. Wedding experts create gorgeous wedding events here. Our high ceilings create beautiful lighting opportunities and tall floral centerpiece space, our grounds let them set custom bars and cabanas all around, and the top wedding coordinators in the city have shown off their work here at Ellis Island on the top wedding blogs and in the top wedding magazines.
8. You can have your own fireworks. With the Statue of Liberty and the NYC skyline as your backdrop, your own personal fireworks show caps off your perfect wedding day.
9. Your family history may be honored. Over 40% of Americans can trace their lineage through Ellis Island, and if you locate your ancestors among our easy-search records or on our Wall of Honor, you add an unforgettable element of family history to your big day.
10. With a ferry ride to your own private island, it’s like having a destination wedding without losing days and expense to travel, and your friends and family will be so happy to enjoy your wedding weekend here in the exciting New York City area.
Visit us at http://thestatueofliberty.com/events/ellis-island/ to find out more about Ellis Island Weddings, as well as the big trend of a cocktail hour on Liberty Island and then a ferry ride to Ellis Island for your reception!